Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Dread....

4 years ago, we thought the problems with Mya's hips were over. However, we go in this Tuesday for a repeat of the cast and a much more invasive surgery. Mya has selected a purple cast and she has had a tour of the hospital. She thinks she knows what is going to happen, but she has no idea....
When our baby Mya was only 3 months old, we had to take her in for surgery on her hips. The doctors take your smiling, unassuming, trusting baby away from you - they put her under, take her legs and bend them all around in the worst positions, cast them, and hand her back to wake up screaming the worst scream you could imagine. I will never forget that moment, and it is because of that I have the worst feeling of dread for this Tuesday. For it is in that moment, your baby wakes up and looks at you, with that look of horror...."how could you let this happen to me?" The dread....

7 comments:

Kimi D said...

Living in the middle of what seems a nightmare for my family, I can only tell you that the dread occasionally fades with the recognition of blessings all around. One of those very big blessings has been your mother, so I know you're in good hands with the love and support she will bring to all of you. Best of luck on Tuesday, I'll be keeping updated via Traci.
xo

Gorge Us Family said...

Good luck, you will get through, even if it is one day at a time. We are thinking about you guys down there in Sunny Colorado.

Renee said...

Ugh...that sounds horrible!!! Poor little Mya. But, you know...I bet she'll surprise you with her maturity and strength through it all. I'm sure it will be a growth experience for all of you!

MEG said...

OH poor little Mya - how long will she have to have the casts on? When Cole was 2 he broke his leg and had a cast from hip to toe (nothing compared to what Mya will have I'm sure). The hardest part for us was getting him around. We ended up carting him everywhere in a wagon. Kids can be such troopers. Good luck to you and Mya on Tuesday!

Nataluscious said...

I have been thinking about you guys all week! We'll be here to help Mya (hopefully) be distracted from time to time and enjoy a little fun in that awful cast. I'll be praying tomorrow that the surgery goes well -that's the scariest part of all!

ambercarlson said...

We will be praying for you and little Mya! She will do great!!

Amber

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

She has so much spunk I hate to see her in pain. We will pray too for her!