I was going to write a blog post last week, but knowing that Ma Busch physically wouldn't have been able to read the post forced me to put it off a week. Now that Ma Busch can read again, I'll post something.
I've been watching the floods in Motorhead, North Dakota. 1) I can't believe anybody actually lives in North Dakota. 2) I think it's cool they named their town after a cool metal band! I'll wager the town song is "Ace of Spades". Lemmy should move to this town...he would be crowned mayor without an election! It would be uncontested! I think they need to combine North and South Dakota and just name the state Dakota. Seriously, would anybody even notice the difference? Who do I need to talk to about rolling this out?
One of Amy's favorite shows is "Medium". Medium stars Patricia Arquette who plays a lady who dreams about people getting murdered and then tells the District Attorney and they solve the crime. It's like the soothsayer's version of Murder She Wrote. Angela Landsbury would've killed to be a medium in her crime drama! Anywhoo, watching Patricia Arquette in a show were she dreams reminded me of something from the past. Remember Nightmare on Elm Street? She was in one of those movies! That was the horror flick franchise about Freddy Krueger who killed people in their dreams! And the Medium lady was in it! Coincidence? I think not! She was also in a music video for the film, and guess what the song was called? Dream Warriors! Now when Amy watches Medium I sing in a really high voice, D-R-E-A-M W-A-R-R-I-O-R-s!!! She absolutely adores it!
Life has been busy with work, kids, sick kids, working out, playing Guitar Hero, causing trouble, and general insubordination. Some recent observations:
- You know you're getting old when...you pluck a bunch of nose hairs and there's still a bunch left!
- I'm teaching the kids how to play bass on Guitar Hero. I play guitar since they call me Stevo Van Halen! Yeah, that's right...I can shred! I have them on the Beginner level where you just pluck the bass every time a highlighted bar comes up...I think even my mom-in-law could do it! Mya averages about 40% correct, while Peyton averages about 60%.
- I told Amy to write a blog for once...she responded that she is too busy...watching all that Grey's "Anatomy", Medium and Desperate Housewives.
- I participated in a drag race against Craig "He-Who-Has-a-Lead-Foot-Just-Not-Quite-Lead-Enough" Thornton. It was his Chrysler 300 against my Dodge Charger...both have Hemi's. Dusty flagged us and we raced about 100 yards down the street in the neighborhood. I would guess our cars have about the same size cajones' but I anticipated the snap count a little better and got the jump...never looked back. Bud said he could take us both in his premium gutless 4 banger KIA Crap Car! Just keep dreamin' Buddy!
- Speaking of Bud, he asked me to send him a picture of me, since I've working out, he thinks I already look vastly different. I responded the only picture he'd get from me would be one of my rear-end. He told me he wouldn't know the difference, it would look the same whether it was my face or my rear-end!