Monday, March 1, 2010

A new hobby...

This last year I have been enjoying a new hobby, thanks to a Quilting group with my church (and Chelsie! Thanks!). I have been a long time scrapbooker, and never thought I could sew, but thanks to this incredible group of women/friends, I have learned to sew and create! We worked on this a large project all year, creating one block each month. I still have the border to go, but wanted to share my two creations thus far. And then during a girls scrapbooking trip to the mountains I found a cute valentine's quilt kit, which was so fun to create as well! I promised my friends I would share pictures when I finished, so here are the nearly complete quilts. I just ordered a new pattern and fabric for some table runners, so I will keep everyone posted!





5 comments:

Collin and Traci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ravsten's said...

I love the valentine one. It's just so cute and girly and pretty all at the same time. I'm so proud of us. Now, when are we going to have a dinner group...the kind that fixes our families dinner?! I'd like that one for sure.

Collin and Traci said...

who is this and what did you do with my sister? :) just kidding! i'm completely impressed by you!

Vehars said...

You are awesome!! Who would have thought?!?!?! You've done a wonderful job on both!

Gorge Us Family said...

Amy, you are awesome! They really did turn out. Thanks for posting. Wish I was there.