Sunday, December 16, 2007

Santa.....ugh



I do not believe in Santa. I believe in Jesus. I have heard you can believe in both.....keep reading. I know, I know - everyone hates that I do not believe in Santa. Everyone asks in shock, "How could you not teach your kids about Santa!?" Well this year I found out the hard way that it does not matter what I say or think. My kids believe in Santa. They love Santa! We visited this particular Santa at the Ward party, and he does not look even remotely real. But they believe! They want to watch every Christmas show and movie they can find. They want to write him letters, and send him pictures. They want to meet and pet Rudolph. None of this excitement comes from me. Mya and I even had an argument about Santa. She asked me, "Mom, do you believe in Santa?" I refuse to lie to her and told her "No, I believe in Jesus and Christmas is about Jesus' birth". She paused and said, "Well, I believe in Santa and not in Jesus." I explained to her that you can believe in both and told her again about the birth of Christ and all about Christmas. Well, she just shot back, "Then, you can believe in both, too, Mom!" She is 4.

4 comments:

Gorge Us Family said...

Oh, kids have so many more answers than we expect they should. They are too cute!

Renee said...

Hahahahahhaaa!! I'm laughing so hard. Amy, I don't think I ever knew that you did not believe in Santa. That is hilarious! And, I love that the kids love him so much. Perhaps you need your own little miracle on Columbine street??

Nicole said...

So does this mean Santa is visiting the Busch household this Christmas? :-)

Rachel Mai said...

That's our Mya. I'm with Renee. Columbine Street needs a few more stockings stuffed full of gifts from Santa.

In fact, I bet Santa believes in Jesus too. :)