Such a simple goal...yet it seems an impossible task. Today was just one of those days where I really felt inspired to try a little harder. At what you ask?? Well, just about everything. It is so easy to get on survival mode, just making it through each day. I have been in this mode for far too long....Just getting through each morning routine, getting through each meeting, each workout, each meal, each activity...just getting through life.
I am taking a stand TODAY! That is just not good enough. I want to try a little harder. I want to be a better mom. I want to take care of myself better. I want to work harder. I want to be a better wife, a better friend, a better person, a better employee. In fact, I want to be a better blogger and picture taker as well. I have not taken one photo in all of 2009. How sad is that?! It is time to try a little harder to be a little better.
So, as a quick update on all other happenings...life has been busy!
* We had Traci's incredible wedding in March (then she sadly went back to Utah)
* Jen got engaged to Dustin (YAY! June 13 - Denver Temple)
* My mom and I had another great enrichment (we were truly inspired by the incredible women in our ward!)
* My kids got to finally play in the snow and build a snowman (Mya even went sledding down Grandma Shirley's big hill)
* Steffan and I have been working our butts off at work (sadly we spend many late nights on our laptops, instead of snuggled up enjoying each other's company)
* Steffan went to Canada again
* I survived another "quarter end"
* Steffan and I worked our butts off at the gym as well (Steffan is down 20 lbs, and I am down 10 lbs)
* Our kids continue to make us smile and love life everyday
* Peyton had his very first Primary talk as a Sunbeam (he talked about our family and then sang "I am a Child of God" to the entire Primary of 100 kids)
* I also had to give a talk on Obedience (HA! I wish I could let myself say no, but it was actually a really good learning experience - I still have much to learn on this topic!)
* We enjoyed an incredible day as a family today - watching General Conference, playing games, playing with the kids, even folding laundry was fun, since Peyton had to help fold and put everything away. Then we went to my Mom and Dad's house for dinner (we are so lucky to have so much family so close by!)
* Today I was truly inspired, so hopefully there will be a better me to come!
Long Lost Amy
Wild about my Child
6 years ago