Saturday, July 26, 2008

LETTERS FROM STEVO...Congrats Big Dave! Happy Birthday Lisa! Supplemental Material...Humble Pie!


Hailey Brooke Busch was born to Big Dave and his wife Lyndley on Thursday in Farmington, NM. She was 7lbs. 12oz. and 21 inches long. I haven't been formally introduced yet, but she looks like a cutie to me! Mya may have some competition in the diva dept!

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to wish Mom-in-Law Lisa a happy birthday today! I'm not sure how old she is so we'll just call it 27. She was the first of Amy's family to give me a hug and has always been very generous to me and treated me with great respect. She has a tough job being married to Craig "He-Who-Must-Always-Find-The-Closest-Parking-Spot" Thornton, but she pulls it off with style and grace.

Finally, I had the opportunity to try some events from the Highland Games. The Highland Games are an old Scottish tradition that involve things like throwing rocks and hammers. It requires some skill and core strength...two things I don't have in abundance. Needless to say I didn't do so hot and being the hotly competitive guy that I am it was a little...embarassing. I figure with practice and core strength training I could get better. Afterall, my own brother, Big Dave took state in shot-put in high school...so I know it's the genes, right? The whole experience was a big piece of humble pie...mmmm...delish!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nice random blog Steffan! I didn't know you cared so much about hugging... I will remember that next time I see you. I think you need to post a blog about Mya getting beat up by that punk kid and my mom almost kicking his butt.