Monday, September 29, 2008

Mother of the Year??? Not Quite...



So often I hear only the bad things my kids are up to. Not listening, fighting, ignoring authority, screaming, not sharing, whining...the list goes on. So, I was surprised to read an email from the Mother of one of Mya's classmates. It reads:

I have a daughter in Mya’s class. She has been having difficulties when I have been dropping her off. She doesn’t want me to leave and gets quite upset. I have to say your daughter is amazing! This morning she was so cute and took her hand and walked her into class and helped her out! I thought you would want to know how impressed I was. She was thoughtful, caring, and very sweet! Thank you for teaching your daughter all those qualities as it made my day much easier! Once again thank you so much, she was absolutely wonderful this morning!


I guess I am doing something right for once! :)

5 comments:

Rachel Mai said...

This is a fantastic compliment, especially when you couple it with the above picture.

Kudos to MYA!

ABSOLUTELY NORMAL CHAOS said...

As dad might say, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes". Just joking, that is great. It is pretty fun when you hear about your child doing something like that. I sure hope thats what they all end up like in the long run even if they only show tidbits at this point.
Cory

Renee said...

Wowzas!! That's awesome!! I am sure she learns mostly from your amazing example of that kind of kindness :)

MEG said...

WOW! Way to make a mama proud!

CraigT said...

What can I say, Mya takes after her grandpa!