Saturday, October 25, 2008

Time.....the Enemy??

Time is seriously my enemy!! There is never enough of it. It slips by so quickly, and cannot be convinced to slow down. I am about to turn 30 on Halloween....I am not sure how I feel about it. I guess I am mostly irritated that it came so quickly! But I guess it serves me right, since I have always filled my life as full as it can get. For as long as I can remember, I have been "busy". In high school it was International Baccalaureate and every extra curricular activity possible. In college it was the goal to finish in 3 years that kept me going full pace. And now as a working mother, I try to do it all as well. Family, Friends, Work, Home, and Church. (Hopefully not all of you noticed that Fitness was missing!) I wonder how long I can keep this pace? Each of them mean a lot to me, so it is impossible to give any of them up! No matter how Steffan tries, I fail to learn from him the art of relaxation and letting myself get bored every once in a while. (I have learned to get an occassional massage or pedicure, but even then I am trying to squeeze them in, instead of enjoying them.) I think this is maybe why I love shopping and scrap booking so much...in my opinion, neither can be rushed. This could be why I never get enough shopping and scrap booking in! :)
So, as I turn 30 and everyone asks, "what do you want for your birthday", the only thing that comes to mind is MORE TIME! Unfortunately, that is impossible to buy! The key is to just enjoy what we have of it. I guess time is not the enemy, it is just so precious and priceless. Hopefully, by 40 I will learn how to treat time as my friend!

6 comments:

Buschfest said...

Amy, you might as well learn to relax now. As they say, "only the good die young", so you, my beloved spouse, are in for the long haul! Don't worry, I'll be right there annoying you like crazy!

Stevo

dvecchio said...

hey we'll be here to help Steve-o

chelsie said...

Happy Birthday!

Gorge Us Family said...

You do it ALL so well. Just don't forget to squeeze your little ones while they are little and want your squeezing! :)Pretty soon you'll embarrass them.

Nicole said...

They say 30 is the new 20! Happy Birthday!

Renee said...

I'm totally with you on this. I have finally, in my first year of my 30s, learned to begin to slow down. Not much, only a tad, but I really love it when I do!! Perhaps this year will bring a wiser, and slower, Miss Amy.